7.02.2006
good flicks, good times
I can't remember the last movie I watched, it was so long ago I sat down to watch a full movie. The funny part about that is that last night we ended up watching TWO movies in a row! It was a great day. Hannah started overcoming her fear of water by sitting in the pool for 45 minutes and Elijah slept in his crib soundly all evening. So we did a 4 hour movie marathon! Cheapter by the Dozen and Billy Elliot. Two totally different movies, one is a comedy and the other a drama but really good! They were both good flicks. I'm thankful that we have figured out this system of finding good movies because with two kids under two, we just don't have time for bad movies. First is finding the rating of a good flick, then it's finding if it's clean. We go to www.metacritic.com for the scoring of the movie. Anything in the 70s means it's guaranteed a great movie. But we've watched a few around the 50 mark, and they are still good. Actually, I did watch one recently, 16 Blocks. I think it was a 46, but we liked it cuz we like good ol' cops and robbers movies, which is probably why it scored low. Then we check www.pluggedinonline.com for the contents. And if there is questionable stuff, then we don't rent the movie. The bummer is that a lot of good movies are scored pretty high but the content is really questionable. I just can't afford to fill my brain with junk so I spend the rest of my days trying to block out temptations. So our system has worked well for us so far. Even better, most of the time we get these movies from the library which are free! Good system if you're not in a rush to watch them. Graham has an on-going "request" list. And we just don't know when we'll get the movie. Of course, that doesn't mean we forget Blockbuster though. And when we do go, only one of us goes with a cell phone, calls home with what's on the shelf and if it's kosher. It's a bit time consuming, but it's fun and saves me from wasting 2 hours watching a bad flick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment