3.06.2006

Desperate measures--Castor oil

Trying to find out how to induce labour naturally.... Among the many means that come up, Castor oil is one that actually seems most feasable. I asked a friend who's tried it and it's worked for her. So I tried it this morning! 2 Tbs Castor Oil, some OJ and 1 tsp Baking Soda. Bleh, downed it and it was actually ok. The Baking Soda made it fiz and more palpable. Two hours later, oh boy! There was movement alright, but it was not contractions! ... so what is Castor Oil used for you ask? I'll let Yahoo! answer for me.

http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20000519.html
Dear Yahoo!: What is castor oil used for?

The greenish extract of a large tropical plant, castor oil has been used for many years to ease constipation and induce vomiting. Basically, it's WD40 for the gastro-intestinal tract.
...
This once dreaded substance is now used in plastics, textiles, paints, cosmetics, and a number of inks and industrial adhesives.

No comments: