3.06.2006

After downing the Castor Oil and strategically staying near washrooms all day, nothing has happened. Apparently there are a few prerequisits that need to happen in order for the Castor Oil to work. Here I will spare those details.

However, the important detail is the lessons that I am learning in this holding pattern. There is the appointed time. In many references that I've come across in searching "naturally inducing labour," it is said, "no one really knows how labour starts..." What they forget in finishing the sentence is "...but the good Lord does."

When Graham said today, "Maybe God just wants you to have a c-section." Everything in me cried out, "no! But I don't want a c-section!" And my reply to Graham was, "yeah..." (sigh) I can always count on my hubby for a reality check. At least he hasn't said his infamous line, "it's a lot better than hell!" The question that I pose to myself is, "Do I believe that God is good?" Is God still good if I have a c-section? Is God still good if I'm stuck not knowing how to get Hannah into her crib for nap and get her out while Graham's on campus? Is God still good if I have to experience that pain of recovery and just be totally, absolutely helpless for six weeks? YES! He IS still good! The trouble is that there is a disconnect somewhere in the 18 inches from my head to my heart.

I'm taken back to the faithful words that have accompanied me through more difficult times: In acceptance lieth peace. I've preached it to friends, and now I'm coming back to it again.

What am I to accept this time? Accept God's command... do not be anxious.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. ... do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7)

Simple lessons: God is in control, not me!

No comments: