I was reading a poem often quoted by Elisabeth Elliot and the key verse is "do the next thing." I realized that I had been doing that, but in the last week or two, I've been more idle. And that's contributed to my boredem. I only really planned my life for up to a few days before my due date. Then after I sewed some cushions for my mum-in-law last night, I got thinking all the things that I did in this last stretch of pregnancy before I became more idle. Some tangible work related things are: processing about 12 applications, reworking about 30 powerpoints... but non work things...
- installed 2 light fixtures (not to mention that I was standing on a ladder--would give my dad a heart attack, since Chinese tradition has pregnant women doing NOTHING)
- installed a medicin cabinet
- sewed 9 panels of curtains (yes we have that many windows)
- sewed 2 pillows
- patched Graham's jeans (mind you there were about 6 patches on those jeans)
- read 4 books
- hung a wall of photos
- hosted numerous guests in our home
There was one weekend where Graham was convinced I was nesting, but then I reminded him that "I'm always like this." After a few days of no baby, he agreed. My summary on getting through holding patterns is keeping busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment