I'm really thankful for the gifts I got this year. Thirty-one is an awkward year to celebrate. It's after the big 30. But I'm still so thankful. Presents I got this year--All things I had wanted, and yet I didn't expect at all the receive.
Devotions for Ministry Wives from Graham
White gold cross necklace from Irene
Terry cloth bathrobe from Mum & Dad Watt
Time to nap from Kirsten (as she took Elijah for an hour long walk)--this was precious
From myself: 30 minutes to tidy up my house! If someone told me ten years ago that I would be saying that a gift to myself would be time to tidy my house, I would have puked. But when I got some time in the evening to just fold a pile of laundry and clear all table surfaces--in peace--it was a true gift.
Ah, so thankful!
Next year I'm going big! Didn't want to steal the Queen's thunder (my dad always reminded me that I share her birthday).
2 comments:
Hey Jen! In response to your comment about the book store - there are actually quite a few children's books! I didn't take a lot of time to look at them (although I did browse through the young adults section) but there were quite a few. And everything's 50% off! It's right off Victoria - I think the intersection is Grange and Victoria?
xo
vaness
Hey Jen!!!
This is Anna Jien (from WC's and OEX 2002)saying hi. I can't believe you have a blog! Glad to see that you're into the blogging frenzy as well :)
Take care :)
Glad that you got a little break for your birthday.
Post a Comment