Elijah is usually the "bolder" one talking about God with his buddies at school. Hannah tends to be "shy" about such things as she puts it. But on our way to school one morning she prayed for more boldness to talk about God with her friends.
Today, at the kitchen table after school she said, "Mama! I talked with [Sola] about church today!"
Me: "What did you say?"
H: "I asked her if she knows what a church is?"
Me: "And what did she say?"
H: "She said, 'that's where people get married.'"
Me: "And what did you say?"
H: "I said, 'sometimes that's where people worship gods!'"
Me: "gods? You mean God?"
H: "Well, sometimes people worship gods at churches."
Elijah chimes in, "sometimes people worship idols there!"
Me:" Well... that's right... that's true..."and I don't remember where we went from there, but my mind drifted off thinking about "idols"...
And I'm laughing. My kids think a lot about idols. We are getting somewhere with spiritual foundations and they are 4 and 6.
1 comment:
wow!!!
this is so amazing to read :)
go Hannah-girl!
Post a Comment