You know you have a good friend in someone when they will slave over a cake, buy real vanilla extract, make a huge mess of her kitchen and do print outs of letters to make fondant duckies for your 1 year old's birthday.
I realize that my love language is definitely acts of service. I know I feel loved in all the Five Love Languages way. (Acts of service, verbal affirmation, physical touch, quality time and gifts.) But when a friend takes time to throw a shower for me, makes cakes for my kids, somehow that's really spoken loudly to me.
I used to suspect that "acts of service" was one of my love languages. But I have definitely felt very affirmed and loved with this kind of labour of love. I suppose deep down, I feel like someone really loves me if they are willing to sacrifice time and energy for me. Hmm, now that's food for thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment