On poor behaviour:
While Elijah was having a "rough" day spending quite a bit of time in his room for time-outs. I was in the kitchen chopping and Hannah at the table having a snack. As I mulled over E's recent actions, I thought, Hannah may have some insight into her brother. I should ask, "Hannah, what do you think has gotten into Elijah?" Her answer was plain, simple and took me off guard, "Sin." I was speechless. Then I responded, "Hmm, now that IS true."
On money and spending:
"I don't want to go to Disney World."
"Why's that?"
"Because there are all these rides and roller coasters."
"So are you afraid of the rides?"
"No, it just sounds like it costs a lot of money to do that and it would be a waste."
"Oh...! [with laughters of delight] well if Daddy and I decide that we want to take you there, we will want to spend the money so you can have some fun!"
Wow, so many things to think about on that statement...
On Jesus:
After our bedtime reading of Grandpa's Box on Moses, Hannah states to me, "Jesus didn't have to stay on the cross you know.""That's right! And why didn't he come down?"
"Because he wanted to save us from our sins."
And this girl resonates with my own heart. Thank you Jesus!
1 comment:
Jen, glad to see you're blogging again! Can't wait to become a regular reader. Hannah's remarks warm my heart...
I can't wait to talk about family and life and Jesus with Lily one day...
Post a Comment