3.01.2011

A Snapshot

Snapshot:
Elijah is coughing and coughing. We discuss whether or not he will go to school. One second he is hacking away and the next he is fiercely yelling at his sister. Then we decide: He can go to school. Since Graham is making lunches, I go to talk to him about going to school. And a sermon line from our pre-kid days pops in my head. Now is the time.

Me: Elijah, Mommy and Daddy decided that you will go to school today.
E: I hate school.
Me: Do you know why you go to school?
E: Why?
Me: So you can learn to read and write about God.
E: (with some sadness in his voice) But they don't teach about God at school. (at his pre-school they did)
Me: But they teach about reading and writing. Do you know how to read the Bible?
E: No.
Me: Do you want to?
E: Yes.

And down he came, so willingly and cheerfully.

And I am marvelling at what motivates this kid. He LOVES God! My heart melts and I am so moved!

No comments: