1.05.2013

Precious look

We have gotten into the habit of me sitting the chair while brother and sister fall asleep... the younger ones.

I would sit in the dark with my computer on the dimmest: Naomi in her tent on the top bunk/loft; Elijah on the floor on the bottom 'bunk'. Every so often, Naomi would call out, "Mama?" I would give a little affirming, "Mama's here!" Then she would carry on her squealing and high pitched talking of her animals while her brother, down below continued with his *pow* *pft* *ow!* stuffed animals wrestling and battle each other.

I had a few really good facebook posts with their conversations as well.

The other night, Graham and I wanted to hang out. So we started a game of Seafarers as the kids were getting settled into bed. I told the kids that Mommy was not going to stay for long. We left the door open. Then my treks up and down the stairs began, responding to Naomi's pleas, "Mommy, come sit in the chair!" Her pleas are usually effective... case for being the youngest child.

Elijah also wanted his snuggles. But I thought I'd step up the challenge for him.

J: I want to hang out with daddy tonight. because you will feel most loved when daddy and I are connected and loving each other.
E: what are you doing?
J: We are playing Seafarers.
E: What else are you doing?
J: just talking. getting to know each other better. Mommy and Daddy haven't had that much time together just us.
E: OK.

I sat in the room for a while, then moved to sit just outside the door, laptop in lap.

Suddenly, my boy gets out of bed and comes to close the door. I look up at him. He sort of gestured with his head and whispered, "you go be with daddy." I had a split second to respond with a "Aw, I can't believe you are so big! My goodness you are melting my heart" moment.

*click* the door shut.

I have that moment captured in my mind. My son grew 3 feet taller in that moment, especially since I was looking UP toward him at that moment.

We had a wonderful game of seafarers and with great satisfaction, I won for a change!

No comments: